- These car seats are suitable for babies from birth up approx 12-13kg. Your baby is secured into the infant carrier car seat using an integral harness. The infant carrier car seat is then fixed into your vehicle with either the car's 3 point seat belt or a base that stays in your car and the infant carrier simply clicks in and out as you need it.
- These are combination infant car seats that can be used rearward facing for babies from birth to either 12kg, 13kg or 15m, and then forward facing for toddlers between either 9m or 15m and approx 18kg or 105cm in height. Your baby/child is secured into the car seat by the integral harness and the car seat is secured in the vehicle using the car's 3 point seat belt or on an isofix base
- These are forward facing car seats for children from approx 9kg to 18kg (approx 9 months to 4 years). Your child is secured into the car seat using an integral harness or a shield/impact cushion. The car seat is secured into your vehicle using the vehicles's 3 point seat belt or using Isofix. Isofix means that the childs car seat is fitted directly into the vehicle without using the 3 point seat belt. The seat is attached to anchor points fitted in your vehicle which forms a rigid connection to the car's chassis and helps to minimise fitting errors.
- These are forward facing seats for children from approx 9kg to 36kg (approx 9 months to 11 years). These seats use either an impact shield or an integral harness to secure your child from 9kg to 18kgs. From 18kgs, your child is secured using the vehicle's 3 point seat belt. Included in this section are both belted & isofix fitted seats. There are a small selection of seats available where you can use an integral harness for children up to 25kgs.
- Forward facing car seats for children from 15kgs to 36 kg (approx 4yrs to 11 yrs) These seats do not have an integral harness, the child is secured in using the vehicles 3 point seat belt. These seats allow the seat belt to be correctly positioned low down over your childs pelvis and over his/her shoulder. Some of these seats have Isofix connectors which attach the seat directly to the vehicle and then the child is secured in the seat using the 3 point seat belt as above. Other seats just use the vehicles seat belt & no isofix.
- i-Size is the new European standard for childrens car seats introduced in 2013. The i-Size regulations are designed to provide children with additional protection & safety in the car. i-Size does not replace the existing R44/04 legislation, but runs alongside it. The key differences are increased support for the child's head & neck, & better protection in the event of both frontal & side impacts. i-Size also helps parents choose the right seat more easily by classifying seats by the child's height, rather than weight. It can be used in most cars that have IsoFix fittings which also makes the seat easy to install correctly, however please contact us for confirmation. The legislation also states that your child must travel rearward-facing up to a minimum of 15 months old in an i-Size seat.
- We stock a full range of travel accessories to make your journey as easy & comfortable as possible. From in-car bases to rear view mirrors, tiny baby car seat inserts, sunshades, toys to keep your baby & toddler amused whilst on the move, baby on board signs and much more!
Stockists of all the top car seat brands including Maxi-Cosi, Cybex, Britax, BeSafe, Kiddy & Recaro. Free advice & fitting in-store.