Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. About us
Little Treasures (UK) Limited (“we”, “us”, and “our”) is an independent nursery retailer. Our trading address is 72 Merthyr Road, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, NP7 5DE
We are registered in Wales as a limited company under number: 06728045 and our registered office is at Pembroke House, Llantarnam Park Way, Cwmbran, NP44 3AU.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
3. How we may collect your personal data
We may obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- you request a quote for a product or service;
- you place an order;
- you subscribe to our newsletter and special offers;
- you request marketing material to be sent to you;
- you contact us by email, telephone, post or social media;
- you visit our websites or use our services (this is done using cookies, to find out more about the types of cookies we use and how you can control them, take a look at our cookie notice http://www.littletreasuresuk.com/cookie-policy)
4. The kind of information we hold about you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- your personal details (such as name and/or address, telephone number & email address);
- details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our products and services;
- details of any products or services you have received from us;
- our correspondence and communications with you;
- information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
- information from marketing activities;
- information about how you use our website, products and services;
- For each visitor to our website www.littletreasuresuk.com, our Web server automatically recognizes the consumer's domain name, but not their email address.
5. How we use personal data we hold about you
We may use your personal data for a number of reasons, including:-
- To answer your queries
- To provide quotations
- To form a contract with you
- To fulfil our contract with you
- To provide after sales support
- To comply with our legal obligations
- We may periodically contact you via email with details of products, services or advice we believe you may find interesting, provided you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Seek your thoughts and opinions on the service we provide
In order to deter and detect crime, and ensure the safety of our customers and staff, there is a CCTV system in operation recording activity within the store 24 hours a day. The recordings will only be disclosed to a third party where there is a legal obligation to do so. The lawful basis for processing this personal data is legitimate interest.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
In some circumstances we may anonymise the personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use it without further notice to you.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the products or services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
6. Data sharing
Why might you share my personal data with third parties?
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-parties may process my personal data?
“Third parties” may include:-
- manufacturers who will directly ship your products to you
- couriers or Royal Mail who will deliver your products to you
- Stables Photography, Lewis Lane, Abergavenny but only if you have received a Photography Voucher from us at the time of ordering
- Manufacturers who may deal with you directly for aftersales care.
All of our third-party contacts are required by GDPR to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
What about other third parties?
We may also need to share your personal data to comply with the law.
If you follow a link from our website to another website, you will have left Little Treasures (UK) Limited. At that point we are no longer responsible for the protection of your privacy, and this policy will not apply.
7. Data security
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
8. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, however IP addresses are masked to hide your personal information. Google Data Sharing is turned off and we do not use other Google services in conjunction with Google Analytics cookies.
9. Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data - This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data - This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email us using the contact details noted at paragraph 12 (Contact Us), below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
10. Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose (for example, in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would like to receive from us), you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email us using the contact details noted at paragraph 11 (Contact Us), below or use the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the Mailchimp generated email.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
11. Changes to this notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be provided to you on our website at: http://www.littletreasuresuk.com/privacy.
12. Contact us
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to contact us about the manner in which we process your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Little Treasures (UK) Limited, 72 Merthyr Road, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, NP7 5DE.